I'm a title.BMW S85 V10 Engine Buildingck here
BMW M5 & M6 V10.
The most advanced ecu solution for the S85 engine and it plugs onto your factory loom.
The ecu has been designed to run the S85 engine as a standalone ecu for the S85 V10 BMW engine and to run with either normal S65 manual gearbox, S65 DCT gearbox or we can run a stick sequential gearbox with cut and blip or a full paddle gearbox control system, all from within the one ecu. The specification is extremely capable and if desired the ecu can plug straight into an M5 or M6 road car if fitted with one of the above gearbox options, we chose not to develop the system to run the SMG gearbox since the DCT is a far better choice. The ecu can also be used as a direct replacement on the E92 M3 should yoish to install a V10 in that car, remember this ecu will run the engine and above gearboxes in any chassis, race or road. When fitted to a road car, normal dash functionality is retained along with fuel pump control whether it be a PWM operated system in the M5 or CANBUS unit in the E92 M3, of course control of external fuel pumps is no problem in other chassis’s. Fan control which is PWM based is still operating along with the cylinder head electric oil pumps and the VANOS activation signal is still functioning along with four PWM outputs controlling all four camshafts. The system also has many spare inputs and outputs which are user definable. It is no problem for instance to run a turbocharged installation with a map sensor, flex fuel sensor, paddle shift control of a dog engagement gearbox with compressor control, pressure monitoring, solenoid control for upshifts and downshifts, a clutch and brake input whilst the CANBUS throttles look after blip. Even with all this happening there is still room for more sensors such as fuel pressure sensor, oil pressure sensor, oil temp, gearbox temp. You can run any throttle pedal you wish. The Bosch lambdas are replace with a pair of NTK wide band sensors. If running in the standard M5 or M6 chassis then the CANBUS can be used for additional information.
Live Tuning of every aspect of the engine’s calibration, including signals sent to the DCT ecu
• Ability to select desired engine map, boost level, traction and launch control levels through 12 Position switch or via OEM Cruise control
• Fully adjustable Launch control with Anti-lag strategies and Ramp in Maps
• Full Variable Valve Timing control
• VANOS activation control output
• Cylinder head oil pump controls retained
• Closed loop Dual Lambda Control using NTK lambdas
• Flex Fuel control
• Cruise Control
• Control the OEM Injectors or larger low or high impedance injectors
• Fully adjustable closed loop boost control with launch level adjustments and trims for turbo speed, air charge, engine coolant temp, exhaust gas temperatures etc
• Monitor and trimming of exhaust gas temperatures
• Built in data logging using a market leading analysis software of up to 8 hours, with data rates at up to 1000hz
• Rolling Antilag / Pit lane limiter strategies, great for building boost on a roll
• Antitheft and valet modes
• Super fast connection via RJ45 Ethernet port
• Adjustable traction control strategies based on lateral g, steering angle and/or individual wheel speed monitoring.
• 4 programmable and selectable target slip maps. An immediate torque reduction can be applied by the ECU via ignition retard or a fuel cut.
• Configurable Engine Safety Trips on all important parameters like oil temperature, oil pressure.
• Fuel pump control of PWM or CANBUS fuel control devices as well as Relative fuel pressure monitoring and limiting in the event of fuel pressure dropping on boost.
• 4 different Pedal to Throttle Angle maps with multipliers for different parameters
• Configurable individual cylinder closed loop knock control, to suit any cylinder modification with adjustments to frequency, windows for listening and gains for each cylinder. Ability to trigger full cylinder shutdown in severe knock conditions.
• Ability to change torque levels and demand levels sent to the DCT Ecu for changing clutch pressure and Pull away drivability
• Change torque reduction levels on shifts.
• Ability to change Torque ramp in after launch
• Change throttle blip requests to match your torque band. Especially useful on oversized turbo installations.
• Run up to 7bar map sensors
• Control high or low impendence injectors
• Change injector dead times based on voltage levels for proper control
• Change injector end angle to ensure injection point is properly calibrated
• Ability to fit any type of external sensor to monitor and trigger safety trips from anything from crank case pressure to damper position
• Connect any race series dash or even one of our partners’ Touchscreen CANBUS adjustment /display units
• View any input live with built in scope up to 1000hz
• And much, much more!
Howell Race Engineering's advanced V10 S85 Engine Management System is designed specifically for this engine with additional features, please read specification below.